Current Job Openings
Join the ECLC of New Jersey team and make a difference in the lives of students with special needs!
- School Openings
- Registered Nurse/LPN/Health Care Professional
- Transition Employment Specialist
- Support Coordinators
- Full-time PRIDE Activity Coordinators
- Accounts Payable Accountant
- Bus Driver—Part-time position; up to 28.75 hrs per week; pay is $21.50 per hour, dependent upon experience.
- Teachers—Full-time positions, from 8:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m. Must have (or be eligible for) a Teacher of the Handicapped certification or Teacher of Students with Disabilities and Elementary certifications.
- Substitutes—Should hold a County Substitute Certificate or have a New Jersey teaching certificate to be considered.
- Paraprofessionals—Both schools are seeking caring staff members to work one-on-one with students throughout the school day. Candidates should possess a high school degree; and experience working with individuals who have special needs is a plus.
- Bus Driver—Full-time position with benefits. NOTE: Staff are required to wear masks while working with students and other staff members.
PRIDE Program Seeks Registered Nurse/LPN/Health Care Professional
A caring professional sought to provide exceptional medical care for adults with developmental disabilities. This direct care position is hands-on and requires assistance with medical needs and medication administration.
- Provide quality care to program participants.
- Follow proper medication administration procedures in accordance with state Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD).
- Respond to crises and intervene as needed.
- Review all program participants’ medical records.
- Maintain proper documentation in accordance with DDD and Medicaid requirements.
- Provide staff training to promote professional development and optimize patient care.
- Consult with staff on medical, health and safety issues.
- Cooperate with licensing and DDD staff during audits, inspections or investigations.
- Recommend policies and procedures on health issues and monitors their implementation.
- Communicate with parents/guardians regarding health issues affecting clients.
- Registered Nurse/LPN/Health Care Professional
- Experience with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Work location: Chatham
- Hours: Monday–Friday 9 a.m–4 p.m.
- Salary: Dependent upon qualifications
- Individual medical, dental and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays and sick days
Transition Employment Specialist
ECLC affiliate, Community Personnel Services, Inc. (CPS), is a nonprofit agency providing services to students and adult clients for more than 25 years. CPS provides transition services to students from private and public schools in Morris, Essex and Bergen counties. Transition Employment specialists combine their experience, knowledge, training and advocacy to help individuals and families create person-centered, viable transition/employment plans. Transition Employment specialists assist individuals in reinforcing skills, teaching new skills and developing a resume, conducting successful job interviews and completing applications. They work side-by-side with the individual at their job site to ensure their tasks are manageable and that they are successful employees.
- Successful candidates must have the ability to multitask and adhere to transition timelines in order to provide comprehensive transition outcomes for each student. This includes but is not limited to attending IEP’s; assisting with post-graduation funding; accessing community resources, transportation, vocational or habilitation program opportunities.
- Must have the ability to work with students and clients to locate competitive employment opportunities based on their preferences, skills and abilities.
- Excellent communication skills are needed to interact effectively with clients, families and community providers.
- Travel required in Bergen, Essex, Union and Sussex counties. CPS provides company-shared cars, but employees must use their own reliable vehicle, if a car is not available (mileage is reimbursed).
- A good driving record, proof of automobile insurance and auto registration are required.
- Candidates must pass CPS background checks, including State CARI check.
- Bachelor’s degree required in vocational, social services, social work, psychology, special education or a related field. Associate degree is considered with experience in these fields.
- Minimum of one year documented experience working with individuals with disabilities. Benefits include:
- Full-time – Paid vacation; employer-contributed 403(b) pension plan; paid sick time; paid holidays; health, dental and vision plans; life insurance; mileage reimbursement, and flex spending
- Part-time – Paid time off and sick time; employer-contribution to 403(b) pension plan for employees that meet the eligibility requirements under the CPS/ECLC pension plan, mileage reimbursement, flex spending.
Salary negotiable and is commensurate with experience.
Transition Employment specialists work from the Chatham office and in the field. Interested candidates, please send your resume to: email@example.com
ECLC affiliate, Community Personnel Services Inc. (CPS), is a nonprofit agency providing support coordination services in Essex, Union, and Somerset counties. Support coordinators combine their experience, knowledge, advocacy, and sincerity helping individuals and families create a person-centered service plan. This individual service plan is self-directed by the client/family, linking them to services within the community to support their skills, talents and interests. Support coordinators are assigned manageable caseloads to provide the highest quality services. They are loaned laptops and company cellphones as needed. Offices located in Chatham. Support Coordinators work from home and in the field.
- Multitask and adhere to a timeline in order to complete state-required documentation for each individual case. Communicate effectively with clients, families and community providers.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services, social work, psychology, special education, or related field.
- At least one year, documented experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- The state requires successful completion of two full days of training prior to beginning work.
- Travel is required within Essex, Union, and Somerset counties. A good driving record; proof of car insurance and car registration.
- Company shared cars are provided, but employees must use their own vehicle, if a car is not available. Mileage is reimbursed.
- Candidates must pass CPS background checks, including the state CARI check.
- Full-time – Paid vacation; employer contributed 403(b) pension plan; paid sick time; paid holidays; health, dental and vision plans; life insurance; mileage reimbursement; and flex spending.
- Part-time – Paid time off and sick time; employer contribution to 403(b) pension plan for employees that meet the eligibility requirements under the CPS/ECLC pension plan; mileage reimbursement; and flex spending.
Salary commensurate with experience:
- Full-time – $38,000–$44,000 annually
- Part-time – $26.00/hour (based on hours allocated weekly with assigned caseload)
Interested candidates, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-Time PRIDE Activity Coordinators in Chatham and Paramus
Work with young adults who have Developmental Disabilities in an alternative day program setting.
- Valid NJ Driver’s License
- Computer literate
- Details and Benefits:
- Single Medical & Dental
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Days
- Full-time salary: $30,000/year
- Full-time hours: 8:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
Send résumé to Christina Klimkowski (email@example.com) by email or by fax (973-635-1646).
Accounts Payable Accountant
Full time position, Monday through Friday. Generous benefit package.
- Accounts Payable Experience
- Proficient/Advanced software use: QuickBooks Desktop, Excel, signature/approval PDF software, and file management
- Exceptional written and oral communication
Candidates should send résumés/cover letters to Lisa Deo at firstname.lastname@example.org.