Updated January 27, 2021
Please check back here for the latest information.
Parents: Please note these important scheduling revisions to the school calendar:
- Regular School Hours—The regular school day will start at 8:45 a.m., and conclude by 12:45 p.m., until further notice.
- Remainder of School Year—On Sept. 8, (Tuesday after Labor Day), on-site instruction will begin and continue until further notice. Remote instruction will continue for “opt-out” students.
PRIDE Adult Programs
- The state Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) ordered all day programs closed effective Nov. 25, 2020. Remote programming remains available to all clients during this time. Families will be notified of any updates or changes to this schedule. We will be given at least a two-week notice from DDD, once a date is identified. We do not currently have a reopening date for in-person programming.
- New Jersey Comprehensive Assessment Tool (CAT) Reassessments and Individualized Service Plan meetings will take place via conference call.
- Families will be reached directly for quarterly contact by support coordinators.
Community Personnel Services
- Supported employment is provided in person on an as-needed basis and virtual or teleconference with client and employers.
- Transition meetings will be conducted in person at CPS offices by appointment or virtual as requested by family.
- Support Coordination remains the same per state mandate.
The outbreak of COVID-19 has impacted the world, and has especially impacted individuals with special needs and their families. The links below offer information, guidance and tips on how to manage through this crisis.
- Advice for Caregivers of Children with Disabilities in the Era of COVID-19
- The ARC: Resources for Families & Service Providers
- Autism Speaks: Adults on the Spectrum
- Autism Speaks: How to Make Mask Wearing Easier Individuals with Autism
- Autism Speaks: Resources for Families
- Autism Speaks: What the Autism Community Should Know About Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Vaccine Facts for the Developmental Disabilities Community
- Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine: A Social Story for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Managing Stress & Anxiety
- New Jersey COVID-19 Information Hub
- Register Ready: New Jersey’s Special Needs Registry for Disasters
- Talking with Children About COVID-19
- Tips to Keeping Families Healthy
- Updated Hospital Visitor Policy for Individuals with Special Needs